Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Continued Agent Search

Although I've been unemployed more than employed in the last couple months, I have been forced to spend more time looking for a job than an agent for my book. So, my agent search has been largely on hold, but the rejection letters do keep trickling in, and I did receive another on April 28.

At present time, 52 agencies and one publisher have been queried. I've collected 25 rejections. I have not received any personal feedback on any of the queries. Most rejections say they cannot take on any more clients, and others don't give any reason at all.

Since I'm unemployed now, I plan to continue submitting, but I must focus on my job search first and foremost. I also have a new book to write which I have not yet begun since I've been spending the majority of my time hunting for a new job. To augment my agent search, I plan to submit to publishers as well. More updates to follow. I have lots of subjects to talk about in the coming days so please keep checking back.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allen,

Just found your blog (I'm an AW "regular" of sorts).

As to your query letter - maybe you can put a sample up at SYW at AW or just start a new thread in the correct subforum there.

Just a thought - and I hope you find a job soon! ::fingers crossed::

~Nancy

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 2:46:00 PM, Blogger Allen said...

Hi Nancy,
I did have it posted and critiqued in the SYW forum. Actually, I'm very overdue for an update on my blog.

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck in your search! Please keep us updated on your progress (I'm also an AW regular).

 
At Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any other Arcadia books in the works? What topics of local history interest you enough to want to write about? I like your Arcadia books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home