Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stanley Kubrick's The Shining audio soundtrack



Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is probably my number one movie of all time.  I remember when I first saw it, sometime in the late 1980s on a rental tape, how disappointed I was that it didn't follow Stephen King's novel, how over-the-top Jack Nicholson was, and everything else I decided was wrong with the film.

Over the years I've come to appreciate the movie as something that transcended the novel into something very special.  The Shining is a film rich with an incredible score, shocking, incredible imagery, and layers of subtext and meaning.  There are numerous webpages that explore the meaning and subtext of The Shining in ways I never imagined when I first saw it.

It's no wonder it's a horror classic.

And it's long, running over two and a half hours.

Because it's rare that I have time to sit down and watch something that long, I decided I wanted to listen to the movie at work.  I'm not fortunate enough to own an iPod that can hold entire movies, so I recorded the audio soundtrack on my computer in three mp3 files.

If you enjoy listening to The Shining, then please feel free to download these files.  Please note, they're huge.  Just right click to download.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home